Well, Chris got off to Saint Paul Island just fine. His flight was originally scheduled to take off on Friday. However, due to a blizzard, his flight ended up leaving on Saturday. For those of you that may be unaware, St. Paul is located right-smack-in-the-middle of the Bering Sea. Because of the extreme weather and location, there are actually no trees on Saint Paul. Yet, there are quite a few caribou because they have no natural predator on the island...except man and gun. Ya...Chris is planning to go hunting while in St. Paul; and by the sound of it, he'll probably end up catching something and we'll be eating caribou for the next year straight. To set the record straight, I'm not a huge fan of hunting. But, if there were ever a place to live off the land...it's in Alaska. Living here is different, and we do not have the same luxuries as you do back in the Lower 48. You've really got to keep an open mind if you live in Alaska.Well...Chris will be in St. Paul for 2 weeks and I'm not sure if I'll get the opportunity to even talk with him at all while he is away. There is no cell service out there in such a remote place, and no guarantee on Internet service either. I'm sure he may be able to sneak in a land-line call, but there is no guarantee.
So, in an effort to get over my foreseen sadness tied around Chris' departure...Lisa and I went to Vegas! It was a trip that I sorely needed! Gosh, just to get a FULL DAY to myself...well, I haven't had one of those in years! And Vegas was the place! I was so excited!! Lisa and I saw a Hypnotist at The Paris Casino (he was so-so) and then we hit a few of the local bars before heading back to the hotel to get some sleep. It was a quick trip, but I haven't been to Vegas in years and so much has changed! I can't wait to go back with Chris, Lisa and David...I'm totally already planning our trip. :0)
No comments:
Post a Comment