Now, I had been expecting this box for about a week and had agonized over it's arrival. And...although smaller then I had expected, there it was. A box. I think I was mostly passive about it's arrival, whereas any normal woman would have been excited. You see, this box wasn't just a "box" it was something that symbolized a new life, and laid down new boundaries for my future over the next few years. And...it was just a silly box.
This was a much nicer box then your "normal" cardboard box, simply stated on the outside were three letters...G.A.P.
I've never ordered anything online that was more then the occasional book from Amazon; and definitely never clothes. I didn't see a point to shopping online because there aren't any good deals online, compared to those in the stores...especially after you pay for shipping. And, as many of you know, I'm not a big shopper - so, spending money on myself is kind of a foreign concept. Sad, I know...but, that's just the way it is right now.
Well, with the recent job and having to go into the office 5 days a week...I can't "recycle" my limited closet supply as often as I use to; and wear, basically, the same thing from one week to the next. (Yes, if you're a man reading this, it may sound crazy...but my women readers understand.) In the months prior to Kodiak my wardrobe mainly consisted of comfortable clothes that were easy to wear around the house while taking care of the baby; so, having to get dressed everyday was a little "different" for me. Needless to say, what's left of my Summer California clothes can only take me so far and I needed to get a few more items to change things up a bit.
Our options here in Kodiak are extremely limited. We have a Wal-Mart, and a small sports shop that sells Columbia clothes, and the Base which is extremely limited. The only way to survive Kodiak Shopping is to find it online! I had never done this before and I was worried about....well...many things. What if it doesn't fit? What if I don't like it? What if the color looks different when I get it in person? Will I have to pay to ship it back? What if I need another size? Is that the style I like? What if I want to try something new? ...the list goes on and on.
But, I NEEDED new clothes.you..it went beyond a "want" and turned into a "need" - so, I bit the bullet and ordered a few things online. I ordered a new pair of jeans and 5 shirts. (yes, the dress code at work is casual) So...Aunt Carol does quite a bit of online shopping and she's been sending me emails from some of the places she's ordered from in the past. I've "shopped" at all of those sites, but haven't ordered anything because I was 'scared' to try a new place for my first online order...I mean, if it was a bad experience I might never want to shop online again and then I'm totally screwed! So, I went with Good 'Ol Trusty G.A.P. The sizes should have been consistent and I stayed with "safe" choices.
So...my point....
~*~
I ordered clothes online, and a box came.
~*~
Inside the box was a dangerous "invitation"
to the new and uncharted world of online shopping.
~*~
...and all the clothes fit!
~*~
1 comment:
Great! Now that you got your feet wet, there will be no stopping you.
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment