Monday, January 19, 2009

Welcome to Long Beach!

When I first scheduled our flight to California The Long Beach Aquarium was one of the MAIN places I wanted to take Emily before we went home. She has such an interest in "fishies" and loves watching them swim. One of her favorite things at my parent's house in their screen saver which switches to an aquarium with swimming fish. She just loves it!

So, Emily and I were excited to have mom and Lisa join us today for our LB Adventure. It was MLK Day and mom was off work; it was also awesome that Lisa took time out her schedule to come along...she's been spending a lot of time with us lately and I know she has many things she'd like to get back to.

Well, the day started out with the Aquarium of the Pacific. Emily loved splashing in the water and touching all of the things there were to touch. I think, however, the coolest part of the Aquarium was the Bird Area. Emily and Lisa got to feed the birds. I think Emily loves birdies just as much as she loves fishies...so, being able to see the colorful birds up-close and feed them was just awesome!









We had a great time at the Aquarium, but our time in Long Beach wasn't quite done. On-the-fly, Lisa and mom decided that they wanted to take a Harbor Cruise...so, off we were on a 45 minute boat cruise throughout Long Beach's Rainbow Harbor. In Emily's words "...WHEE..." - Needless to say, she loved the boat ride!









Emily had a short nap...and then we were off again! This time on a nearby carousel! Emily and Grandma went on the, rather fast, carousel in The Pike. I tried to get a few pictures, but the carousel was going so fast that by the time I snapped the picture they were almost out of view.




It was a surprisingly long day in Long Beach, but we saw A LOT and had a really good time!





No comments: