So...here in California today was your typical Sunday. As just about everyday goes, the whole day was already planned out...Church in the morning, a late lunch, and mom & Lisa off to a monthly play in Orange County. Another weekend booked - Another weekend gone.
But, to my surprise, everyone took a "day off." At the last minute my family canceled their previously scheduled plans for Sunday and we went to the OC Swap Meet (also known as the Marketplace, but I will forever call it "The Swap Meet.") It's one of those things I used to love to do on the weekends! It's totally not worth the hour drive to Newport, but it was nice to feel the beach and the ocean air...not to mention get those great deals on those needless must-haves!
Here's Emily with the chosen "Needless Swap Meet Toy"
But, to my surprise, everyone took a "day off." At the last minute my family canceled their previously scheduled plans for Sunday and we went to the OC Swap Meet (also known as the Marketplace, but I will forever call it "The Swap Meet.") It's one of those things I used to love to do on the weekends! It's totally not worth the hour drive to Newport, but it was nice to feel the beach and the ocean air...not to mention get those great deals on those needless must-haves!
Here's Emily with the chosen "Needless Swap Meet Toy"
Well, the day didn't stop there...we went to Knott's Berry Farm after the Swap Meet!! It was a SUPER BUSY and EXHAUSTING day!! We walked all around Knott's Berry Farm (Gosh, it sure has changed since I had been there last!!!) We took Emily to Camp Snoopy and went on as many rides as she was able to. She really enjoyed everything!
She had her first taste of funnel cake, and actually didn't like it much. She met Snoopy, and was kind of OK with that. She LOVED the Stagecoach ride. And went on the "Hot Air" Balloons a few times.
She ended up falling asleep in the car on the way home, around 8:30pm. Once home I woke her up long enough to put some PJ's on her and put her in her crib...she hasn't made a peep since! I'm sure she'll sleep soundly through the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment