Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nightmares

So, Emily is having nightmares. I kind of blame ourselves with this. She hasn't had a good night's sleep in a few days. Last night she slept with me again, and Chris slept on the couch because he couldn't stand her constant tossing & turning. She'd wake me up about once an hour tossing...and then searching to see if I was still sleeping next to her...and then she'd cuddle up next to me so close that I was practically sleeping on top of her. Every time I'd try to scoot over she'd wake up again and look for me, or my arm, so that I was holding her. It was a VERY LONG NIGHT and I didn't get much sleep at all. Luckily we got a 3 hour nap this afternoon to kind of make up for the lack of sleep.


But, like I said, it's totally our fault. We bought a new movie for Emily, kind of as a second birthday present. We were both tired of watching Bolt, over and over again...everyday. So, we bought another Pixar Movie, Monsters, Inc. It's a great movie with Sully and Mike, and of course Boo. Emily actually likes Boo and actually enjoys the movie. BUT, when you think about the main point of the movie...it's about monsters that scare small children.
She's a little too young to understand the "theme" behind the premise of the movie and doesn't understand that the monsters aren't actually going to hurt the little kids. So, she intently watched the movie for the first time and clung onto daddy during the scary parts, and it would have appeared that she actually enjoyed the movie. ....and then she didn't sleep that night, or any night since...


So, between the nightmares, and having a bit of a cold...none of us have been getting any sleep this week!

No comments: