I don't know why but, over the years, I have accumulated A TON of bathroom stuff! For years I've always found a place few more lotions, samples, sprays, hair products, make-up, bobbie-pins, hair-ties, soaps, first aid stuff...my bathroom is like a Wal-Greens!
So, since the BIG MOVE about two weeks ago, we've been working around the dreaded bathroom boxes. I had 2 3-foot tall boxes FULL...LIKE BUSTING FULL...of bathroom stuff!! Not to mention 2 small trashcans full of stuff, and another smaller box...FULL OF STUFF!
So, my problem is that I can't just throw this stuff away. I mean, it cost me money! Or it was a gift! And it's all still usable...so, why throw it away?!? So...I needed to find a place for this stuff. Now, regardless of the appearance of the size of our bathrooms, there is actually no cabinet space in these 2 bathrooms. So...where do I put ALL THIS STUFF!!! We have a cabinet above the toilet, a medicine chest, and the cabinet space below the sink in the bottom-floor bathroom; and the top-floor bathroom has just the cabinet space beneath the sink.
Well, as per Lisa's suggestion...I went out and bought a couple of Rubbermaid drawers for under the sink. And then...piece-by-piece...lotion-by-lotion...I slowly worked my way through organizing the MOTHERLOAD of bathroom stuff.
About three hours later I was done...everything had a place. All of the old stuff got tossed, but sadly most of it stayed. So, my latest thing is "daily testers." I found about 20 sample-sized shampoos and conditioners. All have been put in the shower and day-by-day each sampler will get used up! Same with the lotions - everyday a new smell. I could probably live off of samples for the next 3 months, at least! I guess the Good News is that I won't need to actually buy bathroom products until this time next year!
How much extra stuff do you have in your bathroom??
It's crazy how you don't see it pile-up!
(oh, and the picture is just of the medicine cabinet...all other cabinets are just as full!!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment