Saturday, July 31, 2010

Alaskan Fishers

Today we rented a boat from the USCG Base and took Lisa, David, Emily, Chris and myself out fishing in the ocean. The Goal: Halibut.

Well, my story is somewhat short because about an hour into our journey we had stopped to begin to set the lines and then the boat went up, and down...and up, and down...and up, and down...and up, and down...

And as my head began to start swimming, and I was having flashbacks of what my breakfast tasted like, we then reeled in and set a course for the docks so that I could return home.

My journey was AWESOME...while it lasted. I got a few nibbles, but didn't get to reel in a fish myself. Emily and I got off the boat to go home, and the rest of the crew went back out to continue fishing.

Here are some pictures of the day on the boat. Lisa caught 2 lein cod and a small halibut, and Chris caught a 70 lb halibut...it looks like they may be going out again on Monday.



1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

Wow! 70 lbs. of halibut. Wish I was there, that's my favorite fish.