To my surprise on Saturday morning came little Emily running into the kitchen at 9am, shouting... "Mommy, I awake!!"
I was shocked to see her, she was still in bed last I saw. Normally when she woke in the morning she'd stay in bed calling for Mommy or Daddy, until one of us went to her and watched her get out of bed. But, now it is apparent that she feels confident enough to get herself out of bed in the morning. She was so proud of herself for getting up and out all on her own...she smile was from ear-to-ear!!
The next morning...the same thing. Sunday we were all still sleeping, and we awoke to the dogs barking as Emily wandered upstairs stating "I awake!"
That evening, Sunday, Chris put Emily to bed, closed the door, and went on picking up the house. About 15 minutes later Emily opens the door from her room..."Daddy, I awake!" He reprimanded her and put her back to bed.
This new confidence may be an issue if she thinks she doesn't need to go to bed, or we often hear "I not tired." This midnight sun doesn't help anything either...the sunlight POURS into our house and everyone has difficulty getting to sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment