So, what do we do all day...?
I've been waiting for something to blog...anything, but we're just doing the same ol' day-to-day. Nothing really exciting is happening and we're just living the everyday life.
Our day usually starts off around 6:35am, when Chris rushes out of bed worried that he'll be late for work. He then nudges me and tells me to get up to get the kids ready while he showers. Most of the time, I stumble downstairs and wander into Emily's room but some days Chris gets the kids ready to go all by himself because I am too tired and lazy to get out of bed and help. This really stresses Chris out and I love doing it to him. Hahahaha. (Chris wrote this part...lol.)
I loudly open the door and turn on the light and say "Good Morning Emily." Lately I've been greeted with a grunt, and then she pulls the covers over her head and says: "I not ready to get up yet." But, after a few minutes of my rustling about and getting her clothes out, she then gets up with a big smile.
She always refuses to go potty when she wakes up, but then...she refuses to do just about anything. Its the "No Stage" -- she always will say "no" and then a few seconds later she'll think about it and change her mind. After she goes to the bathroom she then comes in to get dressed, and of course, no matter what I pick out the response I get from her is "I don't like that..." No matter what it is; and then a few seconds later she gets dressed in the original planned outfit.
Next we're on to Ethan. I walk in, turn on the lights, and say "Good Morning Ethan" - Emily is usually right by my side to help. She's always excited to wake her brother, and needs to give him "Good Morning Kisses" every morning. She helps with the diaper and picking out what Ethan will wear for the day.
Next...the morning's happiness turns...then it turns to a fight for Emily to get her shoes & her jacket on. The mood changes and she, all-of-a-sudden, becomes difficult. But, after a stern "1...2..." she is back on track. Then it's a quick run to the kitchen to bring the clean bottles to school for Ethan; and with a kiss goodbye, the morning rush is over.
...I can continue with our exciting day-to-day story later...stay tuned...
In the meantime, here's a video of Ethan:
No comments:
Post a Comment