Monday, February 22, 2010

Italian Food...MY ASS!


I am a huge lover of Italian Food, and I know I have probably mentioned to all of you the frustrations I've had since being here and our lack of Italian food. We have a, rather large, Italian food restaurant here in Kodiak called Angelo's.


Rumor has it that these people used to own a restaurant in Dutch Harbor, along the Aleutian Chain, and SO MANY PEOPLE kept telling them that their food was "SO GOOD" that they should consider opening a restaurant in Kodiak. So, they took their advice and Angelo's is now open in Kodiak.
Well...their food SUCKS!! WORST ITALIAN FOOD EVER! Their pizzas are $30, and they're not any good. I got a veggie pasta dish once...it was over cooked spaghetti with a medley of peas, carrots, broccoli, all of which looked like they were reheated from a bag in the frozen food section.
Tonight we got a Caprese Salad...doesn't that sound delightful! Ripe roma tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and fresh basil. YUM! Well...for $11.00 we splurged on a delicious caprese salad. Sadly, the picture above is what we received. Non-ripe, sort of yellow, standard tomato...the mozzarella was bland, and no basil. Their "spices" were tasteless and worthless.
We keep going back because we want it to be good, but every time we are sadly disappointed.
If anyone makes good Italian food at a reasonable price they could make a KILLING out here!

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

I must say that it doesn't look too inviting. Caprese is one of my all time favorites & I make it at home alot. You really NEED fresh basil! You will have to go to Spaghetti Eddie's when you come back to Cali in April. Or, maybe I will make some for you.

Can't wait to see you guys, especially Ethan.

Love Aunt Carol