
It took quite a feat from my little family, and a few of my friends, to get me out of the house, but today...for the first time...I went snow shoeing. I thought of every excuse not to go...the kids were crying, we weren't ready in time, it was cold outside, and I had to put on a lot of layers. But, despite my resistance, Chris dragged me out of the house to push me off to my friends.
I met Doris and LeeAnn on Base and we all carpooled to the Ski Chalet, which is where everyone goes sledding. We then strapped into our snow shoes and began our hike up Pyramid Mountain. I borrowed all of Chris' gear - he loves to go snow shoeing, so he has everything you'd need!
It was quite a steep climb and my legs were KILLING ME! Going down wasn't much better...the trail was still steep and the butt muscles were hurting with that one.
But...WHAT A VIEW!!! Kodiak is BEAUTIFUL!! We had a lot of fun snow shoeing, and I hope it won't be the last time I get to go.
The View from the parking lot
The view from the Top
Me and Doris
The view from the top. If you look closely, the little-tiny dots in the valley on the right-side of the picture...that is the parking lot we hiked up from. It was FAR AWAY!




1 comment:
Oh my! I went snowshoeing once. Man was that a killer workout. I've heard that it's one of the most intense ones you can do.
Post a Comment