Thursday, February 4, 2010

The BIG 3-0!

Well, I turned 30 last week...adding another decade to my life. I feel ready to turn thirty. We've got a house, two kids, and a good life; I couldn't imagine looking back at my twenties and wanting to revisit those. I really enjoyed my twenties, but it's now time for the next chapter of my life.


We didn't do anything special for my birthday. We're so far away from friends and family that the EXCITEMENT of turning thirty has kind of been lost. Besides we're planning a trip to Mexico, and that's our birthday present to eachother this year.


The night before my birthday Chris and Emily baked me a cake. The following morning, as I was getting ready to go to work, Chris and Emily surprised me with a beautiful pink/strawberry cake, full of candles. We had cake for breakfast...it was very nice.


Chris and a couple of the girls here tried to throw me a surprise party, but it sort of got botched and...well...let's just say it didn't go so well.


All-in-All...I'm saying "goodbye" to my twenties and "hello" to my thirties!



1 comment:

Lisa said...

OMG she looks exactly like you and she is so f-ing cute in the one with chris!!