Sunday, August 2, 2009

Salmonberries

It's salmonberry season once again. This year Emily is actually old enough to help pick salmonberries along the trails. So, the weather was nice today and we decided to take a short break from cleaning. It was nice to get out of the house.



We walked a short trail near the end of the Buskin River. Chloe and Bryndall came along...they were SUPER EXCITED to get out of the house!!! Emily held the basket the whole way and quickly caught on to what we were doing. At first she would hold the basket open for us to put the berries inside, but it wasn't long before she wanted to pick the berries herself.



We picked quite a few berries during our short walk and I think we may have enough berries for a pie. We will definitely have to do this again...very soon!!

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

How fun! She looks like she's really into it. I still remember going out and picking wild blueberries. blackberries & raspberries up on Grandma & Grandpa Carlson's farm in Northern Wisconsin when I was a little girl. I always ate more than ended up in my basket. What's a Salmonberry? Never heard of that one.