
It all started with a memory. A memory of the best tasting spaghetti sauce EVER!!
So...I was at work and it was about lunch time. Yes, it was a "craving day" and spaghetti sounded DELISH! But, not just any spaghetti...Vince's Spaghetti!! MMM...!!
So, I wrote my mom an email sharing with her my dreams of spaghetti. You know, it's hard being pregnant and being on an island where food is limited. We have ONE Italian restaurant and they SUCK! They've been in town for about a year and word on the street is that they probably won't last the rest of the year. I mean, no wonder...their food is bland and disgusting...oh, and it's about $18.00 for a plate of generic pasta!! It's just depressing.
So, I was sitting at my desk and dreaming about Vince's. For about $14.00 Vince's will give you a "Dinner for Two" which has a large portion of spaghetti, sauce, salad, minestrone soup, and a roll of garlic bread...TIMES TWO!! It's the best deal in town. They used to have a Vince's on Route 66, but it's closed since and the only one left is in Ontario.
Anyway, I digress, so...I was sitting in my office and sending dreamingly emails to my mom about my fond memories of Vince's Spaghetti. But, seriously, the whole time I was thinking "How in the HELL am I going to satisfy a Vince's Spaghetti Craving?!?!?!!" Sadly, I never was able to satisfy that craving and it just made me miss home. I tried to convince my mom that Vince's could freeze it and send it to me...she said, no, they probably wouldn't do that. So, the craving went unsatisfied. :0(
So, teleporting into the future, here we are now two weeks later. Lisa arrived in Kodiak, and like any good sister, she came bearing gifts. She brought gifts for me, Chris and Emily...from her, mom and dad. It was really nice.
So, Lisa hands me this black & green bag that looked like an Xbox Travel Bag. It was rather heavy. I curiously opened the bag and to my EXCITEMENT...Vince's Spaghetti!! Mom had gone to Ontario and ordered us the Dinner for Two and then took it home, froze it and packed it. TO DIE FOR!! We canceled our dinner plans and stayed home to eat the Deliciousness of Vince's Spaghetti. It was wonderful!
Since then I've had Vince's for lunch twice and there are still leftovers in the fridge!
...woop! woop!
THANKS MOM!!
No comments:
Post a Comment