It's never easy when Chris is away. Usually Emily doesn't sleep through the night or she asks about him constantly. Last night as I was taking her up the stairs to go to bed she looks at me and shrugs her shoulders and says "Daddy work?" I said "Yes, daddy is at work." It's so sad, but whether it's traveling on business or standing duty...often times daddies need to go away to work.
Well, this morning I was changing her diaper, and on a shelf in her room is a USCG toy helicopter with a Coastie hanging from a line out of the helo's door...much like Chris would do as a Rescue Swimmer. Chris got the toy as a Christmas gift last year from Grandpa & Grandma Humphrey, but it has really been with Emily ever since. She often points to the toy and says "Daddy," we usually agree with her and continue getting ready to go. But, this morning she kept saying "Daddy" over and over again. So, I took the Coastie-man down from the helicopter and gave it to her. She was SO EXCITED!!! She had daddy back!
She took "daddy" downstairs and he has been with us all day. "Daddy" watched Bolt this morning with Emily. They danced together. "Daddy" went to lunch with us and had to sit on the table near Emily, watching her eat her food. "Daddy" sat in the car seat next to Emily on the way home from lunch. And, now as I write this, "Daddy" is upstairs with Emily taking an afternoon nap right by her side.
Here's a video of Emily and "Daddy" when she brought him downstairs with her to watch Bolt:
No comments:
Post a Comment