Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Domo Arigato Mr. Roboto

This may come as a "surprise" to many of you, but I'm not a big "phone talker."


I'm trying to do better, but by the time the kids get to bed its nearly 9pm, and 10pm back home...too late to start making phone calls. (I'm trying to get better, I promise.)


Anyway, my parents bought a Blue Tooth for me and I've been trying to get into the groove of using it. People in Kodiak don't have these sort of things here...talking on your cell while driving is still legal in the State of Alaska, so there's no need for people here to have a Blue Tooth.


Well, Emily caught me wearing it and exclaimed: "Mommy, what's that!?!" I explained what it was and we did a test call to grandma so I could show her how it works. She thought it was pretty cool.


I'm still trying to get into the habit of using a Blue Tooth, but I'm worried that people around here will make fun of me. "Look at that Big City Girl! Who does she think she is?!" - that's what the townfolk will say about me if I get caught with one of those new-fangled-things...some times small towns can be challenging. Who knows...maybe I'll be a trendsetter!


No comments: