Saturday, May 22, 2010

California Day 3 - A Nice Day for a Good Cause

Day 3 meant a lot to me. As you may have read in a previous posting (The March), the March of Dimes supported our family during a time when we really needed the support. I had an "Ah-ha Moment" when I realized that after years of supporting The March of Dimes, they were actually supporting me. (I begin to breakdown just thinking about it...those days were probably the toughest of my life.)




Well...I had learned that The March of Dimes would be doing a Walk in Encinitas while we were in town - WE HAD TO GO! I was honored to be a participant in such an event! (As I'm sure everyone else was who walked along with us.)

Our goal was to raise $1000, and we exceeded our goal! In all honesty we would have never made our goal if it weren't for David. David raised more money than anyone else and had his friends, whom I've never met, supporting us in this cause. (David, thank you!)

Dad, Mom, Lisa and David came down to Encinitas to walk for the March of Dimes with our family; our Team Name: Ethan's Many Angels. It was a beautiful morning and a wonderful walk. I know this will be a cause that we will probably support from here-on-out and we are blessed to have Ethan with us.





~~~~~~~



So, considering that we were almost to San Diego, we HAD to go to Sea World!



The Walk got over just after lunch, and then we headed down the street to Sea World. Emily enjoyed seeing all the sea animals, but LOVED the Kids' Park at Sea World. Chris and David enjoyed the ever-flowing beer kiosks throughout the Park.


It was a very LONG DAY for all of us and we were all EXTREMELY EXHAUSTED after it was all over. Here are some pictures of our fun time at Sea World:


No comments: