Wednesday, July 15, 2009

1st Time Home Buyers

Well, as most of you know, we've been looking into buying a house here in Kodiak for the past month. We've had a month-long negotiating debacle with the sellers about every tiny-biddy detail of this silly house. Honestly, our excitement has really dwindled with every "amendment" they've made to the sell of the house. But, after the month-long process I think we've finally come to an agreement.

The hang-up with the house really came when we found out the house needed a new roof. A roofing estimate came in at nearly $15,000. (Things up in Kodiak are very expensive.) Well...then the real negotiating began.

Of course, they didn't want to pay for a new roof...but, neither did we! So, we went back and forth on this roof-thing for almost 3 weeks. I think that, after their offer today, it's something we can all agree to. I won't get into the nitty-gritty details about their last offer...but, let's just say that these people are just stupid! And childish! And they're, like, my parent's age! And they're acting like a bunch of 3-year olds! Their last offer is so stupid that it almost pushed us off from even wanting to buy a house from them! It's not like they had any other offers on the table...how can they afford to act like toddlers?!?!

Anyway, I digress...point is....we're buying their house. We'll be signing the offer tomorrow...and then escrow begins. We should expect to close escrow the first week of September. I hope the rest of this process goes smoothly! I'll be sure to keep you informed with all the updates as I get them!!

Here's a link where you can see the perspective house...please be advised that their choice of decor isn't really along the same lines as ours, so there will be a lot of painting and other improvements that we make.

http://soldonkodiak.com/index.php?option=com_hotproperty&view=property&id=261

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

Wow, the house looks beautiful! Can't wait to see it in person some time. Good luck 1st time homeowners!

Love,
Aunt Carol