Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sweet Tea

Ok...let's talk Sweet Tea. Now...I bring this subject up for all of you Californians out there who have no idea what you're missing!

My love of sweet tea started in San Diego. There was a song on the country radio station, at the time, about "sweet tea" - which they played over-and-over again. Well, one day, we were in line at the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A in San Diego. (On a side-note, for those of you who haven't experienced Chick-Fil-A...you're totally missing out!! I miss that place.)

Anyway, back to sweet tea.
So...we're in the drive-thru...I was pregnant at the time and nothing sounded good. I was really thirsty, so I opted for something "different" - Chick-Fil-A is originally a "Southern" company, so they've got sweet tea on the menu. I decided to give it a try...and I haven't looked back since!

Sweet tea is the most wonderful thing ever!


Well...I'm sure you're asking yourself...Um, why is she going off about Sweet Tea?

Well...let me answer this for you...



For One...I'm pregnant again.

For Two...McDonald's brought Sweet Tea to the island!! OMG!!! AMAZING!!! And, they're running a promotion where you can get a Large Sweet Tea for only a buck! Discounts in Alaska are un-heard of! This is a HUGE EVENT here!

Sweet tea in Alaska...and at a discount! UNHEARD OF!!
Do yourself a favor...go to your nearest McDonald's, or Chick-Fil-A,
and get yourself a large sweet tea with lots of ice! You won't regret it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this just iced tea with LOTS of sweetener or something else entirely?

The Moore Family Adventure said...

Great question!

I'd say it's an entirely different drink. When you add sweetener to iced tea, it still tastes like tea...with the taste of sweet-n-low or equal or sugar. With sweet tea it's a different taste that's unique to sweet tea...it doesn't taste like tea with sweetener.

I'd probably say it would be similar to Cherry Coke and Coke with grenadine...two entirely different drinks!