Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Ice Turns to Frost!

Today the Front turned into ICE!! I got up this morning, as usual, and went to leave for work around 5am. I got about 30 feet down the road when I realized that my windshield wipers won't clean off the dew on the windshield...that's because this "dew" is ICE!! So, luckily, I had bought an ice scraper in preparation for the coming winter. I backed up the car...back to the house, and went inside to get the scraper. And, in the 33 degree night air, I scrapped the ice-layer off the windshield.

So, there is a brush on the flip-side of the scraper. I wasn't sure what it was for...? But, once you've scraped the snow off the windshield...it leaves the ice powder...which is why there is a brush!! So, after it was scrapped, you brush it off!! BRILLIANT!!

In the end...I was about 5 minutes "behind" on my way to work this morning, but I survived my FIRST windshield-scrapping! It wasn't that bad, and I'll probably have to do it again tomorrow...and the next day...and the next day...and the next day...

No comments: