So, yes...as you all know, I got a job as Morning Radio Show Host. I've been at the new job for over 3 weeks now and it has been one hell of an adjustment!!
My day, Monday thru Friday, starts at 4am and goes till about 10pm every night. Getting up in the morning isn't as hard as I expected it to be...but, it is DEFINITELY the toughest part of the job!! It's just like any other job; whether you get up at 8am or 4am...you're still getting up in the morning to go to work. Yes, I hit the snooze a few times in the morning, but I'm the only one in the office in the morning; and if I sleep in, the whole island will know about it!!!!
Since this is a COMPLETELY NEW FIELD for me, I've been focusing on just doing the basics of the job and haven't branched out too much into making the Show my own just yet...but I have some pretty fun ideas for the future. I get in and start off with recording all of our daily shows and the updated weather forecasts for both the country station and the local Jack FM. Then I play country music all morning, provide local information to the listeners, read the news, do a few commercials, provide some commentary about news...life...music...kind of whatever comes to mind.
It's been a lot of fun!!!! Oh, and the best part is that my day ends at 10am...and I already had a day of work in. Well, I guess my day doesn't end there. Emily is in daycare full time now, and after the Show I go home and work on website design for the other company I work for. It's been a big adjustment for me and I have been just exhausted!!!

Now, I know what you're wondering.........
Yes, there is a way for YOU to tune into the Show every morning.
And, hey, if you can figure it out yourself More Power To You!
But, if you can't...I'm not sharing. :0P
(At least not just yet.)

No comments:
Post a Comment