Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Alaska Trip - Day 4



Hello everyone! Its Chris Moore today....I know you are used to Tracy writing these things but she has been bugging me to "get involved," so here I am. Day 4 officially started last night on our way home from seeing Carolyn...we didn't get home til about 1 a.m. or so. We all went to bed and attempted to get a good nights sleep because we had a long drive to Seattle to make that morning. Well, as you can imagine, a good nights sleep was the last thing we got! Emily only slept for 6 hours....she was waking us up at 7 am!!!! We struggled to get her to sleep and never made it back to sleep ourselves. We got up and got the cars loaded to go to Seattle and we left Medford, Oregon at about 12 noon. TomTom (GPS) told us it was about 8 hours to Seattle so we thought we'd add 2 hours to that to account for stops along the way. Turns out we were right on schedule! We got into Seattle a little after 10 pm on Wednesday night and attempted to then find our hotel...this is where our Day 4 turns upside down. First of all, apparently, TomTom hasn't visited Seattle very much. The GPS was way off on its directions to our hotel, I mean way off. I was so frustrated with it! Tracy was sitting in the passenger seat saying "I told you so" the whole time. For those of you who do not already know, she never wanted me to buy TomTom in the first place. Tom eventually got us there and when we pulled up to the hotel, we were appalled. It was the nastiest hotel ever and it was in a nasty part of town. I mean there were homeless people, hookers, gangs and trash everywhere! We drove right thru the hotel driveway and parked the car to find another hotel. There was no way we were staying in that hotel!!! After about an hour, we finally found a Days Inn in the city of Auburn, WA; its about 30 mins from downtown Seattle. We showed up and they put us in a "Smoking" room, facing a Casino next door and there was no parking left so we had to park in the Casino lot!!! We were so frustrated at this point, we just went to bed...it was again, 1 am. I woke up at 6am and moved the cars to the hotel lot. We complained to the hotel and got relocated today the other side of the hotel and in a non smoking room (much nicer).

No comments: