Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wine Tasting in Temecula

Saturday we (Mom, Lisa, Aunt Carol, Diney, & Melanie) went wine tasting in Temecula. We had a GREAT time!! The day started early, at 7am, so that we could pick everyone up and be there when the wineries opened. We ended up spending the WHOLE DAY in Temecula - we opened the wineries, and closed the wineries!

I could go on-and-on about our adventure that day, but I think I'll just reflect on my favorite moment of the day.

It was our 2nd to last winery, and late in the day. We stopped at a larger winery (I don't remember the name). Aunt Carol decided to "sit that one out" so it was just me, Mel, Lisa, Mom, and Diney. We walked into the main tasting room and immediately noticed the good-looking guy behind the counter pouring wine (I think he looked like Chris). It was the first good-looking guy we had seen all day...and Lisa is in dire need of a boyfriend!! (She'll hate me for saying that because she really doesn't care about having a boyfriend, but I think she needs one because she's "not been" with Brandon for a long time.)

So, to try to make a long-story, short...we all went up to him to have him help us with our tastings. Melanie immediately took charge and was just embarrassing! (Of course, I wish I had the balls to say & do the things that she does!!) She was very conservative with him and just funny-as-all-hell!!! She kept relating the conversation back to Lisa and how "Lisa likes that too" - or - "Lisa look, a guy that is going somewhere" - or - "Lisa, what do you think about that" --- Lisa was SO EMBARRASSED!! We ended up writing Lisa's phone number on the back of one of the tasting tickets and gave it to him...I think he was flattered.

How we left it -- well, he said "So, if I call this number it won't be the local KFC, right?" We assured him it was her number and walked out of there giggling like little girls. As of yet, I don't believe he has called...but it's only been 1 day. Whether or not he calls, it was so FUN!!



No comments: