Well...we were supposed to return home on Monday. We had planned the trip so that Lisa could come along and not miss any school...she has school on Tuesdays & Thursdays. So, we were supposed to arrive at LAX Monday night at 11:45pm.
We had a rough morning getting ready to go to the airport. We didn't get in from DC, the night before, until after 3am...and then we were up all night with the baby. (Yes, I have been sleep deprived for 5 months...when does this stop?) Anyway, we were up late and rushing to get packed. We arrived at the airport, returned the car, and walked to check-in. When we got there the lady informed us that all flights have been delayed due to bad weather.
To make a long story short...because our plane was delayed we were going to miss our connector and there wasn't another connector that would get us to LA until the following afternoon! OMG!! I was in shock! Lisa was going to have to miss school and I felt so bad. Nothing like this has ever happened before. It would have been one thing if we were already planning to stay, I mean, we got a good deal on the car & hotel and now we were going to have to pay the "desperate gouged rates!" -- I was just shocked!
On the bright side we were able to spend one more day with Chris. So, we decided to get a hotel in Elizabeth City... the city where Chris is doing his training. Chris gave us a great tour of the small town and we ate at the only sushi restaurant for miles. We ended up getting a really good deal on a room at the new Marriott in town. And, everything worked out for the better.
I guess not all "bad things" are bad things???
No comments:
Post a Comment