Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I was cleaning the house the other day, and I just had to take some pictures.

We have worked long and hard making this house "our home" over the last few months. We recently killed the rest of our savings by buying some new furniture that we have wanted for years; and after cleaning, the house just looked so nice - I thought I needed to post some pictures so you all could see. (It was decorated for Halloween.)

This is the main living room area from the front door. It's an odd-shaped room, so it is set up similar to how the previous owners had their furniture arranged.

This is the living room from the other angle. The drapes were left by the previous owners, and they blended with our design, so we kept them.

This is the kitchen. Originally the kitchen was a hunter green and so dark that it looked like a cave. It took us a few days, but we lightened up the walls with a tan-coffee color, and it really accents the wood cabinets much better. We still need to order some sort of blind for that window - it's so large that we'll need to special order something and we haven't decided what to get just yet. You can't see it, but there's a skylight in the ceiling...totally helps keep energy costs down!

~~~

So, those are all the pictures I'll show you for now. Our current projects coming up are the kids' room and the downstairs bathroom. We're hoping to have both those projects completed within the next 2-3 weeks. I'll be sure to post some pictures up when they're ready.

1 comment:

Aunt Carol said...

Very nice. Love the new furniture in the living room.