Well, I talked to Chris today and he is off to a good start with the first week of A-School. Yesterday they completed a bunch of paperwork, went over some basic instructions of what to expect during the program, and did a basic entry PT test. The PT (Physical Training) test consisted of the very basic stuff that each student should be able to accomplish...yet, of course, they should be able to do more...much more. These basic things are things like...50 sit-ups, 47 push-ups, timed running, water drills, etc. It's sad to report, but they actually had one candidate who couldn't complete the minimum requirements and he has already been dismissed from the program.
Today was the "real" first day of the program. They had a full day which left Chris with a tired back and sore legs. I think most of his acheness is because he hadn't worked out two weeks prior to the program because of the Holidays and the move...so he is "breaking in" again. Hopefully the next few days will be easier for his body to handle. This first week is the main week that they try to weed out the majority of the people, although I really don't think he'll be in the clear until the 8th week. ...keep him in your thoughts and wish him luck!
Tomorrow they will be doing underwater attacks...senerios where the victum is trying to drown the AST, and the AST must try to regain control. (I know I couldn't do it...I'd probably just give up and drown.)
So, as far as things here in San Dimas...
Still unpacking the last few boxes in mine & Emily's room - I am hoping to be done tonight. I worked on updating a couple websites and then we went for a nice walk in the afternoon. ...fun...fun...fun......ok, maybe not.
Today was the "real" first day of the program. They had a full day which left Chris with a tired back and sore legs. I think most of his acheness is because he hadn't worked out two weeks prior to the program because of the Holidays and the move...so he is "breaking in" again. Hopefully the next few days will be easier for his body to handle. This first week is the main week that they try to weed out the majority of the people, although I really don't think he'll be in the clear until the 8th week. ...keep him in your thoughts and wish him luck!
Tomorrow they will be doing underwater attacks...senerios where the victum is trying to drown the AST, and the AST must try to regain control. (I know I couldn't do it...I'd probably just give up and drown.)
So, as far as things here in San Dimas...
Still unpacking the last few boxes in mine & Emily's room - I am hoping to be done tonight. I worked on updating a couple websites and then we went for a nice walk in the afternoon. ...fun...fun...fun......ok, maybe not.

No comments:
Post a Comment